Collections

The rectors of the Royal Seminary, essentially throughout the period that ranges from 1776 to 1892, turned to the European neuralgic centres of production and commercialisation of scientific instruments to equip the facilities of Bergara. Indeed, it was in London, Berlin and especially in Paris where they acquired the extensive and complete sets of high quality, modern scientific pieces with which to make up the chemistry, physics and natural sciences laboratories, the collection of human anatomy models or the meteorological observatory equipment. All of these materials brought to Bergara, to the Royal Seminary, were very valuable instruments and specimens with which to cultivate science, and also with which to teach it.