Scientific Instruments

All of these materials brought to Bergara, to the Royal Seminary, were very valuable instruments and specimens with which to cultivate science, and also with which to teach it. The collection of old scientific instruments housed in the Royal Seminary of Bergara is composed of 232 specimens from the different physics and chemistry laboratories which the institution has had. Valuable pieces are conserved from the 18th century; a small set of chemistry laboratory instruments and a large number of physics instruments belonging to the different fields of physics in the 19th century. The documentation confirms the existence of a chemistry laboratory and physics laboratories in the rooms of the Royal Seminary from at least 1778 to the first decades of the 20th century.