Bergara, with its beautiful countryside, provides a raft of options for enjoying nature.
We can make plans for the morning or afternoon, or even for the whole day, as well as shorter options.
Local Tracks (Senderos Locales - SL):
- GREEN BELT (SL-GI 38): Distance: 9.225 km / Slope: +275/-275m / Start: Agorrosin gunea / Duration: 1 hour eta 44 minutes. / Deskargatzeko: SL Gi-38.kml (google earth)
- PAGOLA CANAL (SL-GI 44): Distance: 6.2 km / Slope: +155/-155m / Start: Gorla / Duration: 1 hour and 55 minutes.
This easy route starts in Gorla and heads toward Pagola. As it is a circular route, it returns to the start point.
Short routes (Pequeños recorridos - PR):
- THE ROUTE OF THE DOLMENS (PR-GI 94) : Distance: 20.9 km / Slope: +1190/-1318m / Start: Aranerreka auzoa / Duration: 7 hour eta 50 minutes. / Deskargatzeko: PR-Gi94.kml (google earth)
More information: THE ROUTE OF THE DOLMENS ( Karakate - Iturriberri: https://www.debabarrenaturismo.com/eu/dolmenen-ibilbidea/karakate-iturri...)
THE GREEN ROUTE of the Vasco-Navarro Railway:
This takes you through the villages of the Debagoiena (Upper Deba) district on foot, by bike..., from Leintz Gatzaga to Bergara, from Bergara to Antzuola, or from Mondragón to Oñati...
The Vasco-Navarro railway track is long and attractive, leaving from the Arlabán mountain pass (on the boundary between Álava and Gipuzkoa) and running through to Bergara, where it joins the Antzuola track.
Continuing on our way, we pass by the chapel of San Isidro, a little bit further on opposite Eroski, and we now leave Mondragón behind.
The route now winds its way between the river and the main road. After passing Ekilore, we soon reach the tunnel that takes us into Bergara’s San Prudencio neighbourhood.
We pass under the main road and come to a fork on the route, where we can head either to Bergara or to Oñati.
If we continue toward Bergara, we will cross the car park belonging to the company Tavesa and follow the path beside the river as far as Labegaraieta (Altos Hornos).
The route now enters Bergara, where we will see the market, a few schools, the sports centre… In the neighbourhood of Mekolalde, after joining up with the track coming from Antzuola, we continue among trees and business until we arrive in the neighbourhood of Osintxu.
- MONDRAGÓN-BERGARA: The Vasco-Navarro Railway’s green route skirts the whole town of Arrasate-Mondragón from one end to another. We can still come across the old train station here, beside the Debagoiena Hospital.
TXIPI-TXAPA routes, without a car
- Agorrosin - Labegaraietara 1km dago. Iraupena: Oinez 13 minutu eta bizikletan 5min.
- Agorrosin - Osintxu (Network of bike lanes Bidegorriak): 4.5 km / Duration: 50 min. It covers a stretch on Route 4 of Gipuzkoa’s cycling network (Bidegorriak). It starts at the Agorrosin Activities Centre and ends in the neighbourhood of Osintxu. The route follows the old track of the Vasco-Navarro Railway, so the going is flat most of the way. It goes past drinking fountains and bus stops. What’s more, most of it now has a tarmac surface.
- Agorrosin - Elorregi (Network of Bidegorriak): 6 km / Duration: 1 hour and 10 minutes. It covers a stretch on Route 4 of Gipuzkoa’s cycling network (Bidegorriak). It starts at the Agorrosin Activities Centre and ends in the neighbourhood of Osintxu. The route follows the old track of the Vasco-Navarro Railway, so the going is flat most of the way. It goes past fountains and bus stops. Only a few parts have a tarmac surface.